Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Book Reviews

If you think the book jacket is familar, you’re right. It’s been posted on the blog before. But the book has since received three wonderful reviews so I couldn’t resist putting it up again.
I’ve had to edit the reviews to get down to the nitty-gritty, so I hope the reviewers will forgive me for that. And while I’m here, thank you to all the people who write to me. It’s heartening for any writer to learn that their books are being enjoyed by readers.

The Coal Gatherer Top Pick! - Sept 07

Janet Woods sure knows how to cook up a tear jerker. Right from the very start of THE COAL GATHERER I knew that this was going to be a book that I would love. The ending is just superb—I could not have asked for better, and I have decided that I am truly in love with Janet Woods' stories! . . . Kristal Gorman - Romance Reader at Heart.

*****
The Coal Gatherer 4.5 stars - Sept 07

Engrossing, enchanting and written straight from the heart. Janet Woods once again proves herself to be a talented storyteller. Featuring characters so richly drawn that it’s impossible not to care about them, The Coal Gatherer is a novel that is as impossible to put down as it is to forget. Saga addicts will devour Janet Woods’ latest tale in a single sitting . . . Cata Romance - Single titles reviewer - Julie Bonello

*****
The Coal Gatherer

Woods has created an engaging historical novel filled with emotion and starring a memorable heroine . . . American Library Association - Booklist Oct 07 edition.


1 comment:

M. C. Muir said...

Hi Janet,
I didn't realise until now that you had a blog - congratualtions.
I think blogs are a lot more attractive to readers than websites.
Must say I love the cover of The Coal Gatherers. I hope you Mum enjoys reading it.
Marg Muir