Saturday, November 10, 2007

Edge of Regret


As I said a little while ago, my latest novel EDGE OF REGRET has been picked up by Severn House UK for March 30th release. The book is set mostly in Scotland. First in the city of Edinburgh with its beautiful architecture, then on to the breathtaking scenery of the Southern uplands.

I reported the news to Publisher’s Lunch and hey presto! The book has already been mentioned on three or four blogs by lovely people I’ve never met, as well as being advertised for ordering on a couple of sites.

I don’t mind telling you that I had great trouble writing EDGE OF REGRET for reasons that will be obvious if you read my last blog. Grey minds don’t always equate to grey writing. Nevertheless, I heaved a sigh of relief when it was accepted. I’m now looking forward to reading it in book form in an improved state of mind. In the meantime I’m getting on with another book, which will be a contemporary novel rather than my more usual historical novel.

This time of year there is always so much to do. We’ll be hosting a family Christmas party of about 22 people halfway through December. At the moment I’ve only bought gifts for the two youngest members of the family, so a marathon shopping spree is coming up. I love watching the kids faces as they open their gifts. It’s such a pleasure.

No comments: